Graphic Design student blogging about different projects.

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Tracing Paper



After some consideration of the best way to draw the illustrations onto the face it came to me that I could use tracing paper so I could digitally impose them onto the face. Meaning I can get the exact shape I want the contours the face but I can also adjust the colours/size etc after if I wanted to. This is an example of one of the pieces of tracing paper that I scanned in. The first one is the actual scan of the drawing. I printed off the image of Jess just on my standard printer at home A4 and used some A4 tracing paper over the top to draw the illustration on. The second image is the inverse colours of the original. I really quite liked it and thought it looked quite striking as an image itself. With this I played around with the blending modes creating the white lined piece that is below. I really like the outcomes of both of these so I'm not sure whether to do them all black or all white. I like the blacked out eyes but that doesn't really work with the white lines. 




No comments:

Post a Comment