Graphic Design student blogging about different projects.

Thursday 23 May 2013

Portuguese artist

I was looking back on some of the collage material I had collected from our college trip to Lisbon in January and I found this artist in one of the newspapers I had picked up. He photographs faces covered in pattern tights. I figured this could be a good experiment to have a go at. I quite like how on this series the tights get more and more detailed and the face gets more and more covered so the model becomes unrecognisable. 




This is my own version of the concept. I just bought a cheap pair of pattern tights and used myself as a model. The photos were just taken on my phone. When I showed other people they said they could hardly tell it was me. So it's interesting how you can wear things that make you unidentifiable. If I carry on looking into masks I think it's something I should consider, whether the mask is to be worn to hide the identity of a person or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment