Graphic Design student blogging about different projects.

Friday 31 May 2013

Creating my own.

I took some photos of Jess and had a go at drawing over my own photos. After doing this it made me realise this is something I really want to incorporate in my final piece. I enjoy taking portrait photos as it is and really like the idea of being able to use my photography. I think the blacked out eyes on these illustrations make it really eery and eye-catching. There is something kind of freaky about the images. They almost don't look human like, and almost like new-age adornments. I want to draw patterns inspired from the kind of drawing I have been previously drawing (Henna patterns etc) So essentially I'm merging different cultures and putting my own spin on face adornments and masks inspired from what I have been researching. 



My next challenge is trying to get photos of different kinds of models... and whether to have them making eye contact with the camera or not. Also these illustrations have been just drawn on with fine liner. The previous patterns I had done as vectors but these are a lot more complex so I'm unsure how to do them digitally. If I do them as fine liner drawings over photos its problematic if I want to change the size of the images after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment